“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Friday, June 22, 2012

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Hey guys! It's crazy pent up reviews/posts night!! Haha, sorry for the post spam. Without further a due:

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Summary by goodreads.com

Calla has always welcomed war.But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.







.............................................................................................................................................

Ok I found this AWESOME review throught pictures, It describes my emotions more than I can say so go check it out of goodreads. Here. It's a great review. You MUST go read/look/watch it.....it's a bunch of gifs.  (although there might be a couple swears...sorry about that--the beginning part is the good part....)

Here is my rating:


Now, now before some of you start sharpening your pitch forks and form an angry mob (I would join you, honestly I would.) But this rating does not mean I am Team Shay (I made that very very clear in my Nightshade review) nor do I like/enjoy/or even tolerate the events of this book (the unspeakable ones that is) to be honest, it's because I love Andrea's writing style, and the voice of her characters. I loved, loved, LOVED, LOVED the begginnig of this book, like 10 out of 10 for the beginning.... The rest of the book was good too, I was on my seat every second, life or death threats came bounding around the corner the entire time, so don't get me wrong, this book was NOT boring. Just not what I would have liked/demanded.... I reccomend this book to ANYONE who has read the Nightshade books. They are a must read and so is this one....it's part of the series....and I am a strong believer of finishing the series...especailly in this case because it's NOT horrible, its actually quite amazing....despite various things. Really, check it out! Buy it/borrowing it/rent it/ANYTHING you have to do to obtain this book and READ IT!

Now for the SPOILER-Y DISCUSSION: (do NOT read this is you have not read Bloodrose.)


Highlight between the brackets to read: contains SPOILERS. (I don't want and post skimmers to accidentally read this, so only look if you have read Bloodrose)
I was disappointed. Very. Being the book freak/total nerd that I am, spent the rest of the night crying, sobbing even. Mostly it's the fact that they are just wolves now, no more funny Mason, no heroine Calla...just wolves. That was the worst. I grieved over the loss of Ren....very harshly. But that was over thrown by the ending. I had it all planned out for the end (before Ren's death): Shay dies banishing Bosque, Ren is mated with Calla, Ansel is turned back into a wolf by Logan,...etc. I was even ready to repair my prediction when Ren died: Logan would also bring back Ren (I mean he's a KEEPER so, come on!) Ugh....NOT the way it happened. I hated how they don't even know if Calla and the pack remember what was before. Even though they subtly hint that they might, it didn't feel like it. Like NO closure. I was very disappointed. I have never been more disappointed with a book in my whole life. I came to LOVE these characters and Andrea goes and does THIS to me!!? I had believed there would be at least a LITTLE mercy in the end. There was this really special aura the books had about them that was just stamped out in the end by this one. Nothing hurts me more than to basically just loose the main character (and every character for that matter) like we did here. I felt as though the Searchers kind of gave up on the pack...like "oh well your going to be wolves forever. Nice knowing ya! and that was super disappointing. Looking back, they betrayed them. They knew all along what would happen. I don't think I will be reading the prequel series. It will pull up too much pain and loss there for me. I think Bloodrose killed a fantastic series. (anyone else notice I used the word "disappointed" a lot? Well that pretty much describes it!) Yet I still give it five stars. Whats wrong with me? I have to say, this book is brilliant and a must read.

I know I really hate authors who KILL the main characters boyfriend! I mean does anyone else HATE that? And I'm laughing now because I know it makes a good story and I am sure as heck doing that right now in my book. I'm sitting here ranting and sobbing over how much I hate when they do that and I turn around and say to my main character "DIE!!!" You just can't win.....I have a new respect for writers with guts. }

How did you feel about this book?




Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kaitlyn,
    I'm one of your new follower from Goodreads!
    I've spent a great time with Nightshade so I will gladly continue the sequel...

    Lucie
    http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed back (love it, read your review on One Moment--awesome!) You shoul definately finish the series, even though it may annoy/anger/dissapoint you in some ways but it is still worth it. Thank you for following!

      -Kait

      Delete
  2. Hey Kait, Mari and Rach! I've tagged you all for the Liebster Blog Award. Feel free to accept or not. You can check out my blog post if you don't know what it is! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gigi we definitely accepted...!!
    <3 MARI

    ReplyDelete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...