“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Suggestions?

Any suggestions for a friend who hates dystopian/paranormal/sci fi/ and basically everything this blog is about?

She loves contemporary/romance/and stuff like that. She is a Sarah Dessen fan.

I want to give her a book with some good romance that I know she will like. It has to be a little more action packed (not overdone though) Not like Matched (underdone) she hated that. She read If I Stay and LOVED it. I'm thinking Everneath by Brodi Ashton would be good for her....any ideas? The point is not to convert her genre (that's what she thinks I'm doing...but I'm not) its to at least get her to stop dissing MY genres. Any good ones I could get her for her birthday? (I haven't read If I Stay yet. So I probably should. Those of you who have.....is Everneath a good choice? Or is there another one that's better. -I'm afraid she won't like the other aspect of Everneath....thoughts?-)

4 comments:

  1. I read a lot of contemporary romance and I love Sarah Dessen. So hopefully my suggestions will help you.
    Where she went by Gayle Forman..... It's the sequel of If I stay.
    Easy by Tammara Webbers
    Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles
    Anna and the french kiss by Stephanie Perkins
    Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
    French Kiss (Diary of a Crush #1) by Sarra Manning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help! I was thinking of Where She Went, but she already read that too....I want to give her something in more of the dystopian/paranormal/scifi genres...........I know she has read all of those you gave me (pretty much all Sarah Dessen) Do you know any of the other genre that she might enjoy?

      Delete
  2. Hello :)
    I have tagged you to accept a Liebster Blog Award...
    Check out the link here:
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to go do that right now:)

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...