“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Sunday, June 17, 2012

TIDBIT THRUSDAYS: Book power you'd want...

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~


Tidbit Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by us here at 2 B Read. We tell you all about our fav's (music/books/books into movies) and you tell us yours.

If you would like to participate, leave a comment with your name and your Tidbit. (grab the button above if you want!)

This weeks Tidbit is on THE POWERS OF FICTION





Hey it's Mari here! I am sorry for the late Tidbit Thurs. but I hope y'all forgive me... ANYWAYS today's question is...  If you were in a book what power would you want to have? For example-
Kait would want to be a                       vampire                          because they are awesome.
                                                   (wizard)
                                                 (werewolf)
                                                 (mermaid)
                                                   (ninja)
                                                 (Mari ;) )
                                                   (etc.)
                                               

KK here we goooooooooooooooo-

..............................................................................................................................................
Mari

So, this is really hard and I have to go with werewolf because in Raised by Wolves they are just so darn amazing and frankly the male kind are really hot..... *Cough cough Jacob* *Cough cough Chase* *Cough cough Ren*  Also just how they are so animal and strong I can really admire that. AND I would LOVE to be Alpha Female.... This is my alpha motto- "I'm *this* close to shifting.. And I don't think you want to see that." Then a deep growl escapes my throat and then a hot male werewolf would come to my side and shift and snarl at whatever was irratating me. Yeahhhh you can tell I've fantasived this for hours.  If I had to choose besides that I would have to be a wizard.......  expelliarmus.  Yes I know all of them quiz me.  So yup werewolf second best wizard.









..............................................................................................................................................
Kait

HEY!! This is an awesome question! (thanks Mari for coming up with this one)

Ok so obviously.....I would be a Were (pretty soon we will have more stuff up on our Werewolf fantasies...*cough what we would look like cough*)....but Mari stole the thunder with that one so I'll give you my second favorite.

I think I would have to say...............that I can't choose. So I willl give you a list of what I would be...in order.

1.Werewolf/Gaurdian
2.Vampire/Demon Hunter (from Every Other Day)
3. Spy (Gallagher Girls FOREVER)
4. Special (cured/uncured....doesn't matter)
5. a Host (or an alien.....I don't know but I would specifically want it to be the way Wanda and Mel were.....both coherent...would be FUN!!)
6. a Demigod. (for obvious reasons......)
7. a magician (Red Pyramid styleeeeeeee)
8. witch (The Frog Princess. No...not the movie, the BOOK. <3 Eadric)
9. tribute (I put this last because.....you know, I don't really want to die.....but the concept is the same.)
10. a bean-sidhe/banshee (SOUL SCREAMERS BABY!)

Even though there are variations of different mythical creatures....which ones would you be, and specifically from what books?





(The UK cover for My Soul To Take portrays a banshee pretty well...)









(The Nightshade cover represents Werewolf/Gaurdians......SHAPESHIFTERS!)
 (This is a still from the upcoming Host movie of Mel/Wanda's eyes.)

ETC.



............................................................................................................................................
Rach

Hello fellow readers!!! So I think if I were to choose I would be either a mermaid or a wizard, like Mari (lumos!!!). Mari and I are both HE-UGE fans of the Harry Potter series (Harry Potter things coming in the future). I just love the thought of being a wizard and being able to spells and all that rubbish :) I also am I big fan of mermaids cuz I love the ocean!!! My dream is to be able to breath under water. I just love the ocean!!! Sand and all.

(cover from The Sorcerer's Stone, the first book in the Harry Potter series)


(cover from Lost Voices, a book I'm reading right now about mermaids p.s: its really good!)



Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...