“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Sunday, July 1, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES DISCUSSION SATURDAYS: When do you think Katniss actually started to love Peeta?

It's The Hunger Games Discussion Saturdays (Discussing The Hunger Games different topics every week. Hosted by us, here at 2 B Read.) Leave your answer in the comments!

When do you think Katniss actually started to love Peeta?

............................................................................................................................................
Kait

Well I think the Katniss actually (meaning she wasn't acting) started to love Peeta was when they were on the beach in Catching Fire. They were talking....kissing.....and Katniss didn't want it to end. I think the first time we, as the readers, we first notice (and so does Finnick) when Peeta *SPOILER* dies for a second*END OF SPOILER* Katniss's feelings are CONFIRMED during the end of Catching Fire and throughout Mockingjay. I would mention stuff from Mockingjay...but I can't...it's just...so painful.. But those of you who have read Mockingjay know that this quote sums it up:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're a painter. You're a baker. You like to sleep with the windows open. You never take sugar in your tea. And you always double-knot your shoelaces."
           
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and this one:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I clench his hands to the point of pain. "Stay with me."
His pupils contract to pinpoints, dialate again rapidly, and then return to something resembling normalcy. "Always," he murmurs." 
        
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


............................................................................................................................................
Mari

Ooh la la I likeeee this question.....
I think she fell in love....
well we need to go back in time to answer this one...
So, we all know Peeta has loved her since like forever!! And that's sweet and we all kind of figured THAT out.  But, did Katniss like him them.... I personally think she had a thing for him after the whole bread thing........  And then figured it wasn't worth it because he would never like her back- at least that is what she thought because Katniss is kind of insecure like that....  So, it didn't start then, she obviously didn't fall in love with him during the reaping... because she didn't want to love him then have to kill him. She still didn't love him after the interview because she like punched him after he...*SPOILER* declared his love for her on live TV! SO SO SO sweet but Katniss thought it made her look weak..... ** you know whatevs *Put my fingers in a 'W' shape* Then, in the beginning of the games she had some feeling for him again, but I think she stopped when she figured out he was with the careers.  And then all the games stuff, then she **SPOILER**  went and found him and stuff and I feel like she still didn't like him COMPLETELY but I feel like deep inside she did a little and she was only ready to admit it when they added the new rule that they could win if they were from the same district and she was soooo happy, that's when she stopped lying to herself and admitted to her mind that she loves him!! And then she kept on loving him until the end.
***End of Spoilers*******

...........................................................................................................................................
Rach

Okay so I agree with Mari. I think that **Spoiler** in the cave when Peeta is taking care of her she realizes that she loves him and couldn't live without him. Here's a quote:

"And while I was talking, the idea of actually losing Peeta hit me again and I realized how much I don't want him to die. And it's not about the sponsors. And it's not just about what will happen back home. And it's not just that I don't want to be alone. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread."

:,) So I'm literally crying now because this quote is so sweet!!! Ok whoo calm down. Ok so at the end of The Hunger Games, Katniss becomes confused with her fellings for Gale and her feelings for Peeta, but she realizes she truly does love Peeta in Catching Fire **End of Spoiler**






Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...