“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Picture This

This meme was originally called Daily Dose and it was hosted by Good Golly Miss Holly, but she stopped doing it.  Picture This is a meme where I feature Lovely Pictures I find Between here and there and it's featured on Mondays :) Hosted by  Jude over at In Between

(but are not going to be doing it on Mondays....just randomly when we find super awesome pictures)
booksdirect:

“10 Things People Say to Creative Writers (but shouldn’t).”








This is one I found on Tumblr (it is extremely true)











(ignore my iPod thing at the top) This is on the mobile app for goodreads (the opening page) and I just love it "Meet your next favorite book" *sigh*....that is so appealing.

















 A cutout of Seneca Cranes beard? Yes please!!






 These really cool dust jackets you can order (well print out! They are free!)

I love the Hunger Games one "at the reaping, BRB (unless the odds aren't in my favor)"

If you would like to get these amazing jackets (some printing and fancy paper is involved) then go here.

for their new line of Hunger Games jackets (pictured left) then go here.

it's free to download (but may cost to print and have the special paper. On their site they show you how to put it on, how it works, and all the important stuff you need to know. Go check it out!



 This is a really unique representation of Katniss...... A cool fire-y eye I saw on a commercial and saw an epic possible book cover in it.... (it looks cooler when it's moving.....) and without the glitter I would say.


Well that's it.....until the next Picture This........






Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

6 comments:

  1. LOL!!! #4 on the 10 things is such a slap in the face... yo mama!! Lol I'm terrible at comebacks... I absolutely love the covers... especially the hogwarts BRB one *sighs* if only :(

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! ;) number 3 and 5....just UGH. I know those dust jackets are so cool! (if only I had to time/money/etc to do them.....bottom of things to do but really cool!!)

      Delete
  2. Haha I love those book covers! Funny, I've never heard of them before. Do you happened to own any? And do you know if they can just be slipped onto any book? Sorry for the bombarding of questions :) I really like this meme, it definitely sounds very interesting and I can't wait for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sidra! (there are never too many questions! feel free to bombard) I do not own any but I really want to! They just go on (like a regular dust jacket) you can find all about it here: http://www.embowman.com/2012/go-away-im-reading/ how to download it, print it out, and put it on the book. It requires some going to staples (or any place where they print) and buying special paper but I think it would be so worth it! They also have a new line of Hunger Games jackets too. Those can be found here: http://www.embowman.com/2012/go-away-im-reading-hunger-games-inspired-dust-jackets/

      I really love these people! So smart! (printing these ou is definately on my to do list!)

      Delete
    2. Haha ooh I see, I'll definitely be checking out that website. :) Right?! Where do people come up with stuff like this? Very original!

      Thanks for the information!

      Delete
    3. Yes...such creative minds! love it!!! no problem. feel free to ask any more questions! :)

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...