“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, July 19, 2012

TIDBIT THURSDAY: Do you read the last line first?

Hey hey!

Today is THURSDAY!!! and do you know what that means?? It's TIDBIT THURSDAY!!!!!

Tidbit Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by us here at 2 B Read where we tell you all about our fav's (music/books/books into movies) and you tell us yours. Leave your Tidbit in the comments below!

This weeks topic is:

Do you read the last line of a book first?

...........................................................................................................................................
Kait

Well the truth is...I do. But not first. I normally am a good 100 + pages in before I do...but I can hardly ever resist the temptation (only if the book is making me super emotional and I am freaked out that "so and so" is going to die/leave/break their heart/etc. Then I will look)

My reaction varies in books.

Sometimes it gives me an edge...I know the last line of the book and I can see something coming. I've got my headlights on and I'm not driving blind. It eases the anxiety of the event and most times I'm greatful for it. It really helps cool my nerves. There are times I'm reading a book and I just sit up and cry. When I do that, I know it's time to read the last line.

Other times the last line of the book hurts me more...than if I hadn't read it. Makes me MORE anxious. (more often than not this does not happen...but there has been the occasion.)

HBU?

..............................................................................................................................................
Mari
OK This is what I wish I could say:
WHA? Are you insane a person with a passion for reading would NEVER do that!

This is what I'm going to say:
yes........................................................
because I think it just adds to the thirst I have to finish the book because I want to know sooo bad what that MEANS! So, yeah tell us what you think!
<3 Mari





...............................................................................................................................................
Rach



Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...