“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Waiting on Wednesday's is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Summary from goodreads.com

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. Of Pandemonium, ALA Booklist noted that “like all successful second volumes, this expands the world and ups the stakes, setting us up for the big finale.”

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.

..........................................................................................................................................

I have yet to read Delirium but its on my TBR list. I cannot wait to dive into it so this is one I'm looking forward to for 2013.

Hove you read Delirium? If so, is it good?







Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

6 comments:

  1. I have read the whole series so far and I would HIGHLY recommend it! A lot of major surprises, and I can't wait for requiem to come out, great post!!!

    http://youonlywritesomuch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read it! Thank you for commenting!
      <3 Mari

      Delete
  2. I have never read the book but after hearing bout it i would definetly rate it
    Pls consider following me at iqbal462.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey its Rach! I followed ur blog and its really awesome!!! Thanx 4 commenting!

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to Delirium I still haven't read it and I'm excited!
    <3 Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh. It looks like a lot of people love Delirium so I really want to get my hands on it!

    Thanks Erleen for the award, we will check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...