“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2012 YA MYTHOLOGY CHALLENGE

Hey. So I found this epic challenge at For Those About To Read and wanted to sign up right away!!

The challenge is to read 10 YA or Middle grade novels 15 YA or Middle Grade Novels (because I have already read more than 10) that incorporate any type of Mythology in the story line (Greek, Egyptian, Norse, etc.).


Photobucket


Here is what I've read so far:

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

I have read 14/15 books

5 comments:

  1. I've read all of them! Mythology fan over here! You should try starcrossed by josephine angelini if you like above books..

    ~Ariella
    http://sprinklesofbooks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I LOVE mythology....I will definately check out that book. Thanks. (love your blog by the way)

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting! I love a bit of YA mythology :3

    x Ely of ABookSoFathomless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah mythology is super awesome bc all of the characters are the same but they are always portrayed differently....it's always like visiting an old friend.

      Delete
  3. Tried The Boy with Two Heads by Julia Newsome? http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Two-Heads-J-Newsome/dp/0956810446/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349882512&sr=1-1&keywords=the+boy+with+two+heads
    I can send you a review copy if you are interested! Connie of Trifolium Books UK

    ReplyDelete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...