“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Summary from: goodreads.com

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

...................................................................................................................................

This book has to be by FAR my favorite! Yep! so this is my rating:

 
 
Well now you can ask, Why is it your favorite? Let's break it down:
 
 
What worked:
 
Well Clary is SOO strong with her runes now that she can do stuff she probably shouldn't be able to do...which makes Jace so dang worried about her. (OMG SO CUTE!) so naturally he doesn't want her to go to Idris. So this was a big "problem" you could say in the beginning...naturally what does Clary do? Well she goes anyway. I love that side of Clary, how Cassandra really made that prominent and how it's Clary's main characteristic...makes you want to say...well Jace is right...but well..Jace is wrong. At the same time.
 
Idris. That place is BEAUTIFUL! WOAHHHH! I want to GOOOOOOOO! Cassandra really made it seem a-maz-ing! And I'm glad it wasn't poorly written to the point where it seemed false. It was done very well, logically there is no electricity in Idris because it messes with their magic...I don't know why it surprised me, but it did a little..
 
The order of events in the book were awesome. There was no part where I could say "ughh...please switch point of views so I can go ON WITH MY LIFE" because sometimes that happens to me with Cassandra's books, but in this one everyone had an interesting series of events going down and it wasn't terrible when Cassandra switched the point of views. Some of the events are surprising...only predictable right before...when it's too late and they are practically already telling you the plot twist.Don't you hate when something dawns on you right before they explain it...and you're like "wow...took me a while." ?
 
What didn't work:
 
Clary's mom didn't work for me...honestly...like when is she gonna wake up? How is she going to react to Clary being Shadowhunter-y....wasn't looking forward to that part of the book. (*see spoiler-y discussion for more on this)
 
Some of the characters actions didn't make sense...sometimes. One character I didn't care for would be Aline Penhallow. She was really naive. She was really bellow the whole Shadowhunting business, a complete coward. She couldn't see something that was right in front of her...even if it hit her in the face....one more occasions then one.
 
Now for the spoiler-y discussion:
 
.............................................................................................................................
 
Highlight between the brackets to view spoilers:
 
{ Hmmmm...where to begin...ok how about here:
 
JACE AND CLARY ARE NOT BROTHER AND SISTER! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Could anything make me happier at the moment? I think NOT! ヘ(^_^ヘ) (ノ^_^)ノ *HAPPY DANCEEEEEEE*
 
eh-hem. moving on.......
 
The whole Sebastian thing just kind of got under my skin....How could Aline not recognize her own cousin? Even if she hadn't seen him in a long time....wouldn't he at least look a bit off....assuming Sebastian looks nothing like "Jonathon"
 
 
 So the part when Jace yells at Clary...well ok
 JACE IF I WERE TO EVER PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE IT WOULD BE NOWimage
 
....cause seriously. But I totally understand what he was doing and well....it felt like HE was slapping ME in the face. (or Clary)
 
But the part RIGHT BEFORE JACE LEFT AND THEY JUST SLEPT HOLDING HANDS.....WELL I MIGHT DIE.
 
Anyone have anything they REALLY WANT TO SAY? Leave a comment! }


So to you people who can't read the spoilers...I bet that gif right there is getting on your nerves...you're like "WHAT ON EARTH COULD THAT BE REFERENCING?!!??!?!?!?!!!!" Heehee...plain torture isn't it? Guess you got to read the book! Now go!!! What are you still doing here? Go get that book....well I suppose you would have to start with the first one....so check out the reviews for the first two books and it will make you want to read the series even more! You can check them out here: City of Bones and City of Ashes

Please comment on what you though/are thinking/or if you are planning on reading it!

What did you like/hate?

What made you laugh/cry?

Lets talk City of Glass! Leave a comment! (but remember:

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration! )


2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! jace is like my dream character!
    SPOILER ALERT! lol
    i probably would have stopped reading the series if Jace was actually Clary's brother :P but you could kinda tell that something wasnt right with that!
    http://17hnak.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U couldn't have said it better ;) Jace is definitely in my top 5! I agree, I would have stopped reading it but I kept desperately hoping.....you know that stupid hope that you cling to even though you really believe its a lost cause but you just can't let go? That's the only reason I kept reading. And the whole first book I kept saying to myself "come ON Jace time to make a moveeee!" but he kinda didn't. I really liked fact that Cassandra mentioned how Jace saw COB....how it totally wasn't what meets the eye. So now I can totally forgive her for that whole first book. That's why I also rated the series. Because despite how the first book went down, there were still those parts that revived it and made the series worth it.

      Sorry for such a long resp

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...