“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Monday, August 20, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

It's Teaser Tuesday!! YAY!! WOOOOOO!! (Happy Hunger Games!)

Teaser Tuesday's is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :

1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a random page

3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".

4. Please avoid spoilers!

Today the teasers come from:

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Summary from: goodreads.com

Jace is now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian. Only a small band of Shadowhunters believe he can be saved. To do this they must defy the Clave. And they must act without Clary. For Calry is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul. Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?














............................................................................................................................


Here are a couple quotes!

~~~~~~~~~
"I will have you know I practiced that speech. In front of a mirror before you got here."
"So what do you think it meant?"
"I'm not sure," Jace admitted, "but I know I look damn good delivering it."              
~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~
"What's wrong, little sis? You look upset."
She could barely catch her breath. "Cracked...my...nail polish slapping your... worthless face. See?" She showed him her finger - just one of them.
"Cute" He snorted."
~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~
"You stole a boat,” she snapped. “What am I doing with you, you boat-stealing lunatic?"              
~~~~~~~~~


spoiler quote:

Highlight between the brackets for the spoiler
{ This was my favorite part of the book...when Jace came back.....*TEAR!!!!*

"Unhappy? I was lucky. So, so lucky. And I couldn’t see it.” His eyes met hers. “I love you,” he said. “And you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And now that I know what it’s like to be someone else—to lose myself—I want my life back. My family. You. All of it.” His eyes darkened. “I want it back." }              

and a quote just for good measure that might now make any sense but XD :

~~~~~~~~~
"Sed lex, dura lex"              
~~~~~~~~~

Have a great week guys!







Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SERIES IT'S SOO AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I've been freaking out NON-STOP over the mvie set pictures!!!! JAMIE AND LILY ARE PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! I am lovin all the news....August 23, 2013 CANNOT come fast enough!

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...