“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tidbit/Booking Through Thursday

Hello friends! (ha...that sounds oddly cheerful...and it's not such a cheerful day because to me if feels like Friday...but it's not. It's Thursday. And tomorrow I have to run a mile....I don't like miles. —miles as in distance...not the character from the TV show Revolution...I love Charlie's Uncle Miles...omg—)

Well today I seem creatively empty...and I am a left so I sadly cannot do the creativity trick taught to us by the great Scott Westerfeld....so I am stuck. GRATEFULLY....there is this awesome weekly meme called Booking Through Thursday that has some awesome weekly questions for Thursdays. And since it's Thursday I will substitute Tidbit for Booking Through this Thursday.

Here is the question:



If your house was burning down and you could save just one book from your collection … what would it be?
(And, for the purposes of this discussion, we’ll allow series to count as “one” long, multi-volume book.)

....................................................................................................................

WOW....

If you read my recent guest post you know how much I hate questions asking what your favorite book is...if you look really closely you can see that this is in fact that question wearing a Halloween costume called "save ONE in a fire" (come on Shadowhunters' strip away that glamor ;) )

So I suppose if I have to answer that...I will have to act it out. *leaves to go act out "house is burning down! Quick grab one book/series multi-volume book"*

*returns*

*pants* Well...after that *pants* fascinating endeavour, I have come to the conclusion that the book/multi-volume book would be:

OK those of you who are frequenters to this blog probably know that the MAX I can narrow things down to is two (unless of course two is the maximum...then it's three) So I've chosen two categories:

CATEGORY 1: most valuable

CATEGORY 2: reflex grab

1: The most valuable would be my signed copy of The Goddess Test because....it's SIGNED...and that's my only signed book (I seriously need to work on my collection!!)

2: Divergent (both book 1 and 2) because I went for that one first (for some reason) because if I were forced to read only the books I took (because they were all that survived) I wouldn't mind reading Divergent again and again because Veronica Roth is my role model :D

Pheww! That was hard. Comment with the book you would grab!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...